The Sava Ranisavljevic Postdoctoral Fellowship in Judeo-Spanish Studies
Northwestern University invites applications for The Sava Ranisavljevic Postdoctoral Fellowship in Judeo-Spanish Studies beginning September 1, 2017. The fellow will spend two years at the university and will be required to teach two courses per year and offer an annual public lecture about her/his postdoctoral research related to Judeo-Spanish studies. The fellow will be affiliated with the appropriate department and/or program.
The following materials should be included with the application:
· Abstract of the PhD dissertation
· A writing sample
· A description of research to be pursued during the fellowship year
· Evidence of teaching effectiveness
· Three letters of recommendation
· Two sample syllabi of courses you propose to offer
Deadline to submit applications is March 22, 2017. Recommendation letters must be submitted by March 26, 2017. Please direct any questions to E. Raluca Rustandi, Department Assistant, Department of Spanish and Portuguese, Crowe Hall 3-107, Evanston, IL, 60208, firstname.lastname@example.org .
The academic year salary is $60,000, with access to $2,000 in research funds.
Eligibility is restricted to applicants who have received the Ph.D. between 2014 and July 2017 and do not hold concurrent employment at another institution.
Review of applications will begin March 27, 2017.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
Please apply here
1. Applications will only be accepted through the online form. Please make sure all documents are prepared in advance because partial applications will not be accepted and cannot be saved. Also, please be sure all information is entered completely and accurately (especially names and email addresses), as there will be no opportunity for online revision after your application has been accepted.
2. All uploaded files should be in Adobe PDF format. Files in another electronic format (e.g., MS Word) should be "saved as" or "printed to" PDF format before uploading. If you only have a paper version of a particular document, you may scan it and save it as a PDF.
However, the first method is preferred because it retains text recognition capabilities.
3. Three names and email addresses for external referees are required. Very soon after you submit your complete online application, your references will automatically be emailed instructions for uploading a letter of recommendation.
NOTE: If you are using a professional placement or dossier service (e.g., Interfolio) to submit any or all recommendations, please use the service's address instead of your referee's address in the appropriate space. Once again, please be sure all addresses are entered correctly with no spelling errors, otherwise your referee or dossier service will not receive the instructions.
4. Some things to remember when uploading your application documents:
- Please note that no document may exceed 4 MB in size, so be sure to minimize the size of any large PDF files before uploading.
- File names should not contain parentheses, quotation marks, or other such characters; the system will likely not accept such documents.
- The size of the writing sample should be equivalent to a single journal article or book chapter; it may be published or unpublished. Only one sample need be submitted.
5. When your PDF files and list of references are complete, you may proceed to the Online Application. All required fields must be filled in before you click on the "Submit Application" button. The system will not accept incomplete applications. Deadline to submit applications is March 22, 2017. Recommendation letters must be submitted by March 26, 2017. You will receive an email confirmation shortly after your application has been received.
If you have any questions about submitting your application, please contact E. Raluca Rustandi, at 847 467 2156 or email@example.com.