Northwestern Visiting Assistant Professorship in Spanish & Portuguese 2019-20
The Department of Spanish & Portuguese invites applications for a one-year visiting appointment beginning September 1, 2019 at the rank of Visiting Assistant Professor. Field of specialization is open, although an ability to teach across Hispanophone and Lusophone literatures is required. The successful candidate may teach literature and culture courses, and contribute to the undergraduate program including responsibility for introductory courses and seminars in selected topics. The course load is six content courses, typically two per quarter. This is a full-time benefits eligible position. PhD in Spanish and Portuguese or a related field is a required qualification. All requirements of the PhD must be completed by Sept. 1, 2019. Applicants should submit a cover letter, CV, writing sample, evidence of teaching effectiveness, and 2 letters of recommendation. Applications submitted by June 2nd, 2019 will be given primary consideration.
This is a full-time benefits-eligible position. AA/EOE.
For details on preparing an application, please feel free to contact us with questions at email@example.com
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States. AA/EOE
Please read ALL instructions and make preparations before proceeding to the application page:
- Applications will only be accepted via online submission (see link below).
- Please prepare all documents in advance as Adobe PDF files, and please be sure all information is entered correctly and accurately (especially names and email addresses), as there will be no opportunity for online revision after your application has been submitted.
- Please also prepare a list of names and email addresses for your external academic references; your references will be contacted directly by the online system and invited to upload their letters on your behalf.
- All required fields of the application form are marked with an asterisk and must be filled before clicking the "Submit" button.
- Be aware that incomplete applications cannot be saved.