Sava Ranisavljevic Postdoctoral Fellowship in Judeo-Spanish Studies
Northwestern University invites applications for The Sava Ranisavljevic Postdoctoral Fellowship in Judeo-Spanish Studies beginning September 1, 2020. The fellow will spend two years at the university and will be required to teach two courses per year and offer an annual public lecture about her/his postdoctoral research related to Judeo-Spanish studies. The search committee welcomes applications from scholars working in the fields of history, literature, linguistics, religion, Sephardic studies, Latin American and/or Iberian Studies, etc.
The fellow will be affiliated with the Department of Spanish and Portuguese and the Crown Family Center for Jewish and Israel Studies, with possible secondary affiliations in appropriate programs or departments.
The following materials should be included with the application:
- CV and university transcripts
- Cover Letter
- Abstract of the PhD dissertation
- A writing sample
- A description of research to be pursued during the fellowship year
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness
- Three letters of recommendation
- Two sample syllabi of courses you propose to offer
All requirements of the PhD must be completed by Sept. 1, 2020. Review of applications will begin January 15th, 2020.
Please direct any questions to E. Raluca Rustandi, Department Assistant, Department of Spanish and Portuguese, Crowe Hall 3-107, Evanston, IL, 60208, email@example.com
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
Please read ALL instructions and make preparations before proceeding to the application page:
- Applicants will only be accepted via online submission (see link above)
- Please prepare all documents in advance as Adobe PDF files, and please be sure all information is entered correctly and accurately (especially names and email addresses), as there will be no opportunity for online revision after your application has been submitted.
- Please also prepare a list of names and email addresses for your external academic references; your references will be contacted directly by the online system and invited to upload their letters on your behalf.
All required fields in the application form are marked with an asterisk and must be filled before clicking the "Submit" button.
Be aware that incomplete applications cannot be saved.Back to top