The Department of Spanish and Portuguese is committed to providing resources to assist students beyond the classroom. Help is available for both language and literature students in the form of tutoring, which focuses on the practice of grammar and pronunciation, as well as a Writing Center that allows students to revise their essays for upper-level Spanish courses. Additionally, students have the opportunity to enrich their language experience with cultural events like the Spanish Film Series. Students are strongly encouraged to take advantage of any and all resources offered by the department.
Spanish Writing Center
Who should come to the Writing Center:
Students enrolled in Spanish 210 or higher.
How to get help:
For general questions, please send an email to email@example.com
What will happen during the appointment?
The instructor will read through your paper and:
- discuss grammar mistakes with you (not proofread your paper)
- make suggestions on how to revise/improve the structure of your essay
- will plan future appointments with you if needed, to continue revision on the essay
For your appointment, you MUST bring:
- a (printed) copy of your essay
- the essay's guidelines/instructions
What you should expect?
Improvement in knowledge of vocabulary, grammar and writing skills in Spanish, in addition to the development of your self-revision and self-editing skills as a part of the writing process.Back to top