The minor in Spanish is primarily designed to enable students to achieve cultural, literary and linguistic competence in Spanish. It does so by offering the opportunity to explore the literatures and cultures of Latin America and Spain. Many students fulfill some of the requirements for the minor through courses taken in study abroad programs.
Prerequisite: Spanish 201, AP credit, or placement by the Online Spanish Language Placement Exam.
Requirements (8 units):
- All courses must be at or above SPAN 203.
- At least 3 courses must be at the 300 level.
- A minor entrance questionnaire MUST be completed and submitted with your declaration of major in Spanish.
- A minor exit questionnaire MUST be completed and submitted with your petition to graduate.
- For the worksheet of requirements for the minor, see forms.